Monday, October 26, 2009

13 Days and Counting Until Kansas


Buck taken with muzzle loader near the property I will be hunting in Kansas


I had another disappointing weekend in Brady, Texas this past weekend, though I did see quite a few more deer than the last weekend I went. I saw probably 7 or 8 bucks, the best of which was about a 4 1/2 year old 10 point. My dad did not see as much as I did, but he did see a shooter 10 point on Friday afternoon.

I ended up killing 2 pigs on Saturday afternoon, and gained a little bit of confidence with my new Hoyt Alphamax.

Now I have my sights set on Kansas. It is only 13 days until I will be up there, hunting in one of the top producing states in the country chasing after rutting whitetail. I am completely stoked about the possibilities.

I just had a picture emailed to me by the land owner where we will be hunting of a buck killed by one of his friends on a nearby property with a muzzle loader. I don't have any details on measurements or score, but I would gladly accept the opportunity to take a shot at a buck like this.

No comments: