Friday, July 17, 2009

Off To Brady For The Weekend


I am going to be making the trip to the ranch I hunt on in Brady, Texas this evening. It will be the first time I have been there since March or April. I need to go check on the house (last I heard a Raccoon had gotten in and decided to get him something to eat, but that problem has supposedly been taken care of.) I am going to put out some game cameras, probably near the protein feeders, and see what kind of headgear the bucks are wearing so far. I will probably drive around and do some scouting/ filming. I also plan on relocating a couple of tree stands and looking for new areas to hunt this year. Most of my “secret” honey holes have been discovered by the other hunters in my club, and they love to sit in them!

I am excited because I have not been able to shoot my bow since last season. I left it at the ranch. I am going to get it this weekend, bring it back home and start practicing. I am also thinking about replacing the string that came on my Bowtech General with a Winner’s Choice or possibly a Fuse string. I will probably get me a custom string, I am thinking black and blue, like the colors of BGO, but not sure yet. I will keep you posted on what I decide to do (as if anyone cares).

I will post game camera pictures next week if I get any good ones.

No comments: